Indian Pass or Saint Joe Bay - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Indian Pass or Saint Joe Bay

I would like to know if anyone reading this forum is routinely fishing out of Indian Pass or Mexico Beach? Also, that would include Port Saint Joe Bay.
Captdroot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Sailfish

What is your question? I fish over ther yearly but not sure what your looking for?
tyler0421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Mingo

Default Mexico Beach

I fish out of Mexico Beach all the time will be there the week of the 20th thru the 26th
DHB699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Grouper

Well, today Aug 10, I see that I have found a total of two fisherman, out of 121 views.

I'm considering buying a boat to fish in that area. I have dug up some offshore numbers in those areas; not published, they are natural bottom. I also prefer the amount of fishing pressure in that area vs Destin.
1) Do you fellas fish natural bottom out of Indian Pass or Mexico Bch?
2) Have you run out of Indian Pass a dozen of times?
3) Ever fish natural bottom in 36-50', 3-5mi offshore of the beach, 6-12mi South, down the western coast of the St Joe Peninsula? Ever fish 60-75' south of Indian Pass? Would you like to? Send me a pm.

I'm also looking for some fishermen in that area; a crew.

I can't/won't launch, anchor, catch/clean fish, and clean up by myself. I am knowledgeable and practice responsible seamanship. At 62, I'm getting to old for rough rides and AJ's. If you want big fish, you pull em in and help with the: fuel, bait, ice, AND CLEAN UP. Bay fishing on days that are not fit for comfortable offshore fishing. Capt, 40yrs experience, new to the central pan handle. Again, send a pm. No assholes or idiots, please.

Last edited by Captdroot; 08-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Sailfish

Thats why I was asking. I don't drive from Destin to Port St. Joe, Indain pass to offshore fish when It's much better here. I go there to scallop and Inshore fish. Thanks for the offer though.
tyler0421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Grouper

I've only fished and dove the pyramids there. Nice area though, not a lot of fishing pressure.

22' Wellcraft CC
Tarpon 160 Kayak
PCfisher66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Grouper

Better include, "No, I'm not picking you up each time. You must have a car or a pickup truck that runs"

Can you believe it!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
Captain of the Boat
Snapper

Kinda picky. I'll keep fishing with my wife. She's bossy enough.

Mudigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #9
Grouper

Yes, my wife of 40 yrs would agree. She prefers the word "selective". Due to health reasons, my wife cannot handle the sun.

At 62, I want to spend some quality time on the water, catching some fish with a responsible fella in the area that I'll be fishing. Perhaps he may bring his 10 yr old son or daughter. As long as everyone acts responsibly and that 10yr old catches some nice fish, then that goes down as "makin memories". Perhaps we will do it over and over. For me, that is as good as it gets.

Yes, I guess I am picky. I keep a SALTWATER boat in excellent running condition. We can make a total mess of the boat each trip. Matter of fact, "If a boat is clean at 3PM, chances are, that was boating and not fishing".

I carry everything that is needed; every time. Always two GOOD batteries. A radio that transmits and receives properly. Usually, I've got an extra cap, if yours blows off. Yes, I'm picky; if I get up at 5AM so we can go fishing, then I expect you to "get up" as well. If you run into trouble, then call ASAP. If you live down the block, then I'll pick you up. Perhaps, what you define as picky, simply means, "acting responsible, being courteous to others, and well mannered". If you're disabled, but enjoy this post, by all means, give me a pm.

If you and your wife, have a change of heart..... no need to call. OOPS, that is being picky.

Good luck, stay safe, and calm seas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.