Help finding spots - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Help finding spots

So here's my deal. I'm new to the Milton area, it's about 45 min. north of p'cola right by the blackwater river.

I don't have a boat, but i do have a fresh and salt water pole as well as licences.

I was wondering if i could get some good places to go where i don't need a boat. Everytime i ask someone around here they only know where to get and take boats. A good lake, a good river spot, heck, even a bridge, but i'd like to actually have a chance of catching something.

I've been fishing for 15 years now and don't want to stop just because i'm here and don't have a boat. I am working on getting one though, but in the mean time...

Can anyone help me out?
jkurucar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Help finding spots

Welcome to the Forum. I don't know that area as far as fishing but I am sure that somebody on here will have some helpful information to share with you. Tight lines, T
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Mingo

In Milton next to the rail road trussel west side used to be good fishing from the bank (on Blackwater)you also have fresh water lakes Bear & Carrott north about twenty miles and the gulf to the south. On I-10 where it crosses escambia bay good sheephead fishing
230 Cobia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Sailfish

There is a boat launch/park that is on a dead section of the river in the edge of milton. If going east on HWY 90 out of milton, go over the new bridge, and take first right at the Local Yokel gas station. Take the first named street to the right and follow it to the end. There is a dock, and alot of edge to fish from.

We go mullet fishing right up that river, and I see bream, bass, etc all the time right there. I bet catfish are in there too. It is a pretty place to try out...
angus_cow_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Found your old launch spot. There are a lot of boats moored there, less than 6 inches of room for fishing. It would be a great spot if not for all the boats. The bait shop right there recommended that bridge on 90 right accross the river from the board walk area. I fished there for a few hours. It's a good spot. I didn't catch anything, but the guy 30 feet from me caught 3 8-12 inch catfish. Just one of those days, we were both using live shrimp, but he ended up with the fish, oh well. I'm heading back out tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the suggestion,

If anyone else has any more, i'd be glad to try them out.
jkurucar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Sailfish

I would suggest getting a canoe or kayak and fishing the trestles around the Escambia River Bridge at night, if the lights are still on the fenders of the bridge. If Jim's Fish Camp is still open the guy that runs it, not Jim, (his son- think named Rick) should be able to put you on some holes that hold redfish, specks, and flounder. Hybrid bass are stocked there lastI heard (moved to Perdido in 2004).
Garmin 540S GPS/Bottom Machine
Sound by Clarion and Bazooka
Coastal Night Lights Transom LED's
Minn Kota Riptide Co-Pilot/Auto Pilot GPS Enabled Remote Control Trolling Motor
mdrobe2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
Sailfish

If you get a canoe, kayak, or john boat of any kind, you could paddle or pole to the "mullet hole".

The same road that turns by the Local Yokel, keep going about a mile and you will see a beer joint on the left. Take the road across from it to the right. Go to the end of the road and there is a boat launch. There is a bad drop off on that one, but ok for a little boat. Look to your right back up the channel, and you will almost always see boats fishing about 200 yards from the launch. They are mullet fishing. Some snatch hook, some catch them on grubs in the mouth, everybody has different method. I have sat right there and loaded the boat many times. To be fair, I have gone and not caught anything, too.
angus_cow_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.