Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

and Florida gives the Feds the Finger!!!!!!!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Magic236 
#1 ·
For immediate release: April 16, 2014

Suggested Tweet: 52-day Gulf recreational red snapper season set @MyFWC meeting: http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/FLFFWCC/bulletins/b1a5af #fish

Photos available on FWC Flickr site: Go to https://flic.kr/s/aHsjyV8nUQ.
Gulf recreational red snapper season set

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) set the Gulf recreational red snapper season in state waters April 16 at a meeting near Tallahassee. The season will be a total of 52 days in 2014 and will start the Saturday before Memorial Day (May 24 this year) and remain open through July 14, closing July 15.
Starting the season the Saturday before Memorial Day will provide recreational red snapper fishing through an important holiday weekend, helping attract more visitors and bringing economic benefits to our coastal communities.
The federal season is currently projected to be 11 days long, starting June 1 and remaining open through June 11. This season is subject to change depending on projections by NOAA Fisheries for when the recreational red snapper quota may be caught.
Florida state waters in the Gulf are from shore to 9 nautical miles. Federal waters extend from where state waters end, out to about 200 nautical miles.
The daily bag limit will remain 2 per person in state and federal waters.
To learn more about this agenda item, visit MyFWC.com/Commission and click on “Commission Meetings.” To learn more about recreational red snapper fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, visit MyFWC.com/Fishing and click on “Saltwater,” “Recreational Regulations” and “Gulf Snapper.”
-30-

See less See more
#5 ·
If anyone connected to the contact info re the FLA commissioners I for one would hand-write a thank-you note to each of them. Google doesn't help much.

Emails are fine, but if each of them get a hand-written note it would make such an impact.

#6 ·
Florida Red Snapper Season

I'm pleasantly surprised that FL stuck to their guns. Thanks you notes to these guys is a great idea.

I have a question and know this can turn into a Chevy vs Ford Truck debate.

What organization best represents Recreational Anglers in the Gulf. I belong to CCA, IGFA,TBF and RFA and feel my money is diluted among the groups. I look at IGFA and TBF as separate entities as it relates to Snapper in the Gulf.

But for our bread and butter fishing in the Northern Gulf; is CCA, RFA or Keep America Fishing the best Recreational Advocacy?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.