Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Outcast Bait & Tackle

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  REDFISH101 
#1 ·
Ok so I drop off 3 Rods to be repaired at Outcast B&T on 11/15 and got them back today 12/21:(But the work was super bad they didnt match anything at all the color wrap was way off pink from red and the worst part is one guide is upside down I believe so I was wanting some suggestions from everyone what do yall think (its flyrods) Room Plant Art
Dress Sleeve

See less See more
#5 ·
Take them back and ask they be fixed. Though I'm sure it can be hard to match colors on the wraps after awhile.

Jim
I agree with Jim on this one, Looks like an older rod, usually in those situations its best to get all the guides rewraped for the colors to match. And im sure if you talked to Tommy he would of gotten it right for you no questions asked, Thats one thing they strive on is for the customer to be happy.

#4 ·
I tried but was told the guide was supposed to be like that for less line slap so i took there word for till i got to the house to look at all my other flyrods to see myself and none were like that all as for the wrap i couldve live with and to redo them would cost again

#9 · (Edited)
Many.....Many years ago I had the same type outcome with work being done on rods.

Not only was it finished and sat there with no one calling, but was told mine was not done yet.
I went in and identified it and took it home.

Now....Outcast is not in the business of fixing rods and reels. They are in the business of selling New ones. :)

Next time go see the folks at

Goin Fishin
10870 Lillian Hwy, Pensacola, FL, 32506
Phone: (850) 453-6001

They have a dedicated Rod and Reel shop there. This is where a lot of Charter boats get there work done. The turn around time is FAST!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.