Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Fl ethanol repeal????

8K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  -WiRtH- 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Update and the comment that I got back from Clay Ingram.

Thank you for taking the time to contact the legislative office of State
Representative Clay Ingram with your support for Representative Gaetz's
legislative proposal to repeal fuel standards mandating specified
amounts of ethanol in gasoline in Florida.

Representative Ingram is very supportive of this legislation and is in
favor all legislation that is designed to provide greater flexibility to
Florida's businesses and consumers. Regulations like this one cost
Florida's job creators money, and harm consumers.

Representative Ingram appreciates your input, should you have any
additional questions or concerns regarding this or any other legislative
matter please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Chris Spencer
Legislative Aide to
Clay Ingram
State Representative, District 2

9999 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL 32514
Phone: (850) 494-7330
Fax: (850) 284-8390
Mobile: (850) 597-1111
chris.spencer@myfloridahouse.gov
Please note:
Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications
to or from state officials or staff regarding state business are
considered to be public records and will be made available to the public
and the media upon request
OK....So lets go people. Contact you representative and bust that crap up.

#8 ·
Ethanol

This was the response to a letter to Greg Evers, sounds good now, just gotta get everyone else onboard.

Chad,

Thanks for your support. I filed this bill along with the House sponsor,
Representative Matt Gaetz, for reasons exactly like those you mention below. Too many of my constituents have brought me issues of small engine damage from the ethanol in fuels. It is my hope, it will continue to garner support across the state and with enough elected officials to pass and repeal the mandate.
Thanks again for your support!

Greg

#10 ·
After reading the link above it moved me to write a strong letter to the one Sen. Chris Smith, D-Fort Lauderdale, voted against the repeal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why? Why would you vote aginst the repeal of the Non Ethonal gas? [SB 238]

Do you know anything about internal combustion engines? Do you know that the Government is subsiding the farmers for this crap fuel?

"Ethanol production is subsidized by the government and cost more than gas.

Ethanol has far less BTUs per volume than gas. This gives less mileage per gallon.

Ethanol is very corrosive to systems not specifically designed to handle it. It corrodes aluminum carburetors in small engines and the rubber hoses.

Disband the Department of Energy and the EPA, let market forces decide what energy sources we use."

The only reason I can think of that you would vote the way you did is you have your hand in the cookie jar. Do you have your hand in the cookie jar or are you just ingerant about this subject?"

#28 ·
After reading the link above it moved me to write a strong letter to the one Sen. Chris Smith, D-Fort Lauderdale, voted against the repeal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why? Why would you vote aginst the repeal of the Non Ethonal gas? [SB 238]

Do you know anything about internal combustion engines? Do you know that the Government is subsiding the farmers for this crap fuel?

"Ethanol production is subsidized by the government and cost more than gas.

Ethanol has far less BTUs per volume than gas. This gives less mileage per gallon.

Ethanol is very corrosive to systems not specifically designed to handle it. It corrodes aluminum carburetors in small engines and the rubber hoses.

Disband the Department of Energy and the EPA, let market forces decide what energy sources we use."

The only reason I can think of that you would vote the way you did is you have your hand in the cookie jar. Do you have your hand in the cookie jar or are you just ingerant about this subject?"
:clap::clap: Sounds like something I would say. "Sir, have you stopped beating your wife?"

#14 ·
Yeah it actually does cost more to produce ethanol fuels than regular gasoline, it just a boost for the farmers, and my answere to that is, if you sell grain or items such as corn to Middle Eastern countries that sell us gas then, play the same game as there are, Barrell of oil=$128.00 Bag of grain=28.00, raise the price of grain or tell them to eat the oil, its that easy.

#15 ·
The free market is a more powerful tool for the common good than attempts by the government to engineer specific outcomes. One should always suspect government mandates and subsidies that undermine the positive impacts of a true free market economy.

The idea that the government needs to mandate a product because it is somehow superior needs to be addressed with the question, "If the product is really superior, then why won't customers be willing to buy it without the government mandate?"

I'm actually a big fan of biofuels in certain applications, but through product superiority and customer choice rather than government mandate. Fuel markets can change pretty fast, and there are some ethanol technologies (cellulose or sugar based, rather than corn based) that should prove much more cost effective than 100% gasoline at times when oil is expensive. Of course, I'll still prefer 100% gasoline in my chainsaw and my boat.

#18 ·
Its because we as a nation have become " we the sheeple"...

the best time to stop a fire is when ya see smoke, we as a nation have just "hoped" things would get back to "normal"....we became bad stewards of what was given to us by earlier generations.....and now that we have went past the smoke stage to a raging fire, any attempts to try and use logic to place boundaries on what are government is trying to do is labeled as being "radical".........I hate to say it, but I do believe that there is an "extremely radical" period of time just over the horizon.....:gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

#23 ·
#24 ·
Being a truck driver, we also use a biodiesel blend in our rigs that is already at the pumps. I've also heard that we are discovering more oil in this country than we are using. I hate to say it, but drilling here would keep alot more jobs and mone here.

#29 ·
Being a truck driver, we also use a biodiesel blend in our rigs that is already at the pumps. I've also heard that we are discovering more oil in this country than we are using. I hate to say it, but drilling here would keep alot more jobs and mone here.
Just curious here, why is it that you "hate" to say this? There's over a billion dollars a day leaving this country and going to Venezuela, the Middle East, Mexico, Canada, and many other nations. As has been said before, it's the greatest transfer of wealth from one nation to another in the history of the world. How cheap would that oil be if we did'nt need it?

#25 ·
Doing some unscientific experimenting with Non ethanol fuel I discovered that in my truck. ['94 F-150 5.8L motor] I saw no change in fuel mileage. But in my Mustang. ['07 GT/CS 4.6 3 valve] I pick up 3MPG. This was all around town driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.