Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

This morning.

2K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  bchadcherry 
#1 ·
.270 barked this morning.

Attachments

See less See more
#19 ·
Sorry for the delay. Deer forecast had 4 stars for today and tomorrow so I rolled into camp just before midnight. Daybreak included a heavy cloud cover and winds from the southeast. I quietly got settled in and thought about how long I would hunt today with the favorable conditions. I thought I faintly heard a deep grunt in the woods south of me. I repositioned my set up to a dim shooting lane to my right and no sooner had I turned when. 5 does ran from my right to left. I shouldered my rifle anticipating the buck following them and sure enough, he stepped into the narrow cut. He turned momentarily away from me and I realized that his ears were inside the spread, as soon as he turned broadside, I let her eat. He was about 160 yards south of me when I shot, but when he crashed, it sounded like Elk running through dead timbers. Another fun hunt and another blessing from above. Thanks for listening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.